Monday, December 13, 2004

The Remote Control

Man I have no peace of mind when I watch TV. Reason - the Remote Control Buttons Fail to change the channel every now and then.

I go changing channels and get stuck in an English news channel Father comes runnning "AH NEWS NEWS".

I go changing channels and get stuck where they show the shorts of the next episode of Dawson's Creek my Sister comes runnning "AH Dawson's CREEEEEEEEEEK".

I go changing channels and get stuck where Sinhala news is going on, our helper comes running "Aney baba pravurthi balanna dennako".

Now I get wild with anger

And then I get stuck where there is a good movie. "AH peace at last" I tell my self

But it is short lived

Because my mother turns up exactly when there is a Love Making or a very Passionate kissing scene is shown and the remote gets stuck. Damn It! I can't change the channel to avoid my mother seeing
all this.
Then she goes away shouting "What rubbish are you watching Go and sleep"

I have no ther option but to obey her !!
Thats how I lose my peace of mind when watching TV.

1 comment:

zlot said...

Dude, what u need is more TVs. I would recommend one for each home member - I've got 5 :-)

P.S. If ur TV malfunctions, stealthily replace with another home member's TV ;-)