Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What a Blunder

Kinda Long but it all happend.

Man, today was a terrible experience. I had to go with my dad to the Big City (Cargills Food City in town) to buy some stuff. On our way we thought we'll pump some Petrol. There was a long queue. When my chance came dad got out and went to get some Break Oil. After a while I saw the Man who was pumpin juice seem to have finished the job. Then I thought I heard the guy at the back toot the horn. I quickly strarted the car and was goin forward when there was a lauuuud thud on the back of the car. The pumping man was hittin the car like crazy. Then I realized 'Oh brother', he was still pumpin. If not for him I wud 'av taken the pump with me. I stopped. That man was swearing at me. The whole Petrol Shed was staring at me. Then came my dad and he blasted me to pieces in front of everyone. "You wud'av taken whole pump with you, see you still can't drive"

Thought that was it and came to Big City. Dad wanted to by some Beer. We were at the queue for the liquor store. Then heard "Old Iwarai, Old Iwarai" (Old Arrack is over) so many dissapointed souls got out of the queue. Dad waited to collect the bottles and I was pulled by a sales guy and was directed to pay for them. Thoroughly confused I paid and came back to the liquor store, loaded the bottles into a bag and I saw 2 more bottles on the table. I tried to take them as well. Surprisingly they were empty. Then I hear a voice "Hey they are mine" shouts an old gentleman.

Well then I had keep guard for the bottles(8 bottles) while my father went to look for Cornetto for my sister. I was standing at the entrance with the bottles with the whole crowd (people entering the super market and ppl at the counter - err I was facing all the counters) staring at me. Then I saw a parishioner of our church (I think he is a Warden) with his wife and two young daughters. He looked at me then at the Beer bottles and looked away.(may be not to cause any embarrasment). Must 'av told himself "Gee I thought this guy was a sober dude. Better keep my daughters away from him"

Thats not all, in a little while an old man comes next to me and looks at me.. then he looks at the bottles.. again he looks at me... again he looks a the bottles. (8 bottles) Crazy old fool I know what he was thinkin. "Can this guy pour all that beer down his throat ?"

Man, I've had enough of it. What a day What a Blunder !!

5 comments:

Venus-Metamorphosed said...

B glad its over

;)

tomorrow is always fresh with no blunders in it ..yet..

dogfight said...

Lets hope so. I'm used to believin that it is a vicous cycle which takes place every now and then. (at least for me)

Venus-Metamorphosed said...

blunders? yeah it probably IS a cycle..balance between good and bad days..yin and yang etc.

zlot said...

Now with the 8 buck petrol hike, it's probably prudent to occasionally make a quick getaway when the pump's still inside.

dogfight said...

Yep and make it snappy unlike me. Also watchout for Claymore Mines near the sheds.