Monday, March 12, 2007

Set an Example – Who ME ??

NO WAY !! Being the eldest in the family is not easy, believe me. We need to act responsible as the younger are always on the watch to copy from us. All our Hideous, Notorious, Mischievous, Shady deeds have to be covered up. A slight mistake would come down hard at me with the additional “look, you need to be an example; the younger would follow you in doing the same” advise. This is crazy. Can’t they look up to someone else ??

I’ve noticed if I utter the (your’s truly) “F” word once (accidentally), my sister would have tried to say it a ten times later. Might seem no big deal but over here it’s not a norm to hear it. And there’s this moron cousin of mine who’s not yet 18 who is staying with us. I’m told he tries to follow my ways. Wot the hek !! I normally prefer the uncivilized style. Jungle Law !! Of course I know how to behave. I balance it out in maintaining discipline in quite a lot of areas. But I enjoy the “I want to live, laaaaike animals” theme. Be a bit Barbaric and so on. Be the normal ragged rowdy person…but, with a difference, knowing where to draw the damn lines.

I hate to look the prim and proper, clean shaven, hair combed, pimple-less face having, Sales Executive or Insurance Guy. I have some friends whose girl friends see to that they trim their finger nails, dress well and so on. They do have the “Well Looked After, Cared For” look all over them. Heh heh I don’t envy them…. At all…. and me, Total Opposite. Who the dawwg !!…. I sometimes think whether it is too much of disciplining that makes me like to be very care free.

Thing is, people and these younger morons need to learn the basics of discipline. We learnt it the Hard.Tough and Painful way. So I know when to adjust when I feel I’m heading off course and that confidence that comes with it of knowing you could always revert to the Correct Path incase you drifted a bit. The basics should be Rock Solid. Also then there’s no need to copy or be someone else. You can be your VERY OWN SELF. I have only one piece of advice to these people who look up to me, DON’T. I’m a terrible example and don’t grow up to be like me. C’mon dude Get Real !! BE YA SELF!!

Yeaaahoooo.... wot a weekend can't get any better than this. Almost missed the last wicket also. Barely made it in time. I've got a pic of the awards ceremony - Thora Captain receiving the Hon. D. S. Senanayake sheild (taken from the Grand Stand) will try to put it up. Thinking of uploading some photos. If time permits and I can dig them out of my Mob.

2 comments:

Lady divine said...

hey...oooohhh..someone's taken for the 'good big brother" huh..:-P

oh geez, it sure is a nuisance when that happens...I've aunties telling their kids right in front of me "see, this akki studied hard and now she's doing good. you also need to be hard working and intelligent and bhah blah".. i'm like, what the heck! Let them be who they wanna be!

i really hate it when others look up to me! But then again, I just help with the good stuff...

So here's ur chance... Make it great!:-)hehehee

dogfight said...

err... Not xactly.... jus dat I'm told 2 change my ways so dat the younger would not fall into troble following me.

man.. feels reel guilty if they think I'm good.

thot v had independance !!