Sunday, March 25, 2007

Whot’s Happening ??

Oh Brother, the Tigers managed to put a bird up over Katunayake. So they haven’t been watching the Bermuda Bangladesh Match to off load the bombs at Midnight. Hmm or was it during the break?? Which means they don’t care who goes to the Super eight. Anyway they can watch the highlights. I’m thinking, since they boast of having an Air Wing, why not a Cricket Team. Now now this is no Joke. Hope everything settles down. Grievances to those who lost loved ones and hope the wounded will be out of danger. Spare a thought for them.

On Saturday morning I was browsing through the TV channels and stumbled upon MAX TV broadcasting an Indian News Program (NDTV) The Host was speaking to many correspondents from various parts of India regarding Friday’s World Cup Cricket Match. Everyone including the correspondents and the Host was dejected and commenting Negative. They spoke to various people who said they are disappointed and are dejected the fact that they watched the match. One woman said “c’mon we Lost to the Lankan Tigers” wot the…. We aren’t Tigers, but Lions and are as good as any professional Cricket team. That woman should learn to present her fact accurately rather than vomiting emotion. Take That!!

Then they asked a young fan what she has to say. I little girl of about 8 years with her hands folded said the most amazing thing, “Wining and Losing are part of the Game. Let’s hope for better luck next time.” She had the courage to be different. WOW. That was very sweet!! (Certain words are not in my vocabulary, especially ‘sweet’, but on this occasion it seems suitable) They should learn a lesson from our people also how take victory and defeat. Anyhoooo GO Sri Lanka…. !!

Today morning I remembered that 25th was my cousin's birthday. So I rang him up.

Me :Hello Aiya, many happy returns of Yesterday !!
Cousin : Why ??
Me : Yesterday, 25th, I couldn’t wish you for your Birthday……….
Cousin : April, April, aiyooooooo
Me : Ahhh…. Sorry sorry sorry……OK Then…. C U….

Kept the receiver down and remembered I asked my mom about his birthday yesterday and she told me it was on the 25th of APRIL. I wondered why nobody wished him. It did not click me still it was March. When I told this to my Father he was laughing like mad. Also my maniac uncle (Cousin’s Father reffered to in Gin & Tonic, Present) is gonna bully me with this for years. I’m one dead Dog. For people don’t know me that well, this is quite common dumb-ass, tubelight shit I happen to do on and off. I don’t believe it. I was convinced it was April !!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dogfight, you are in good company. I'm a total tubelight as well.

My dad calls me a "BMC Tubelight" (As in the old skool Building Materials Corp, variety which were particularly sucky)

dogfight said...

Ahaaa.. join the club.. good 2 have company. Sloth once called Venus & Me fluore. Mayb he's an energy Saving CFL !!

Lady divine said...

oh my Dogfight...sounds just like you...hehehee
it's ok to forget and feel like u r living thru a different month;-) it has happened to me too..

infact my uncle's b'day is on 25th march and i thought it was in Feb and ended up wishing him one month in advance...:-(

nevertheless... i'm pretty impressed with what the 8 yr old girl had to say abt the match... that's the way people need to be.. its pretty sad to see emails being sent around abt what the Indian players would be doing and all.. very sad.. what ever happened to "participation is key". and " in a game, one has to lose while the other wins"?

btw, when's ur b'day? :-)

dogfight said...

Oh so its a common occurance. But I'm gonna b the joke for som time (in the family). Saw those mails. The one abt Pakistan players is worse.(can't help, I have to laugh !!)

8yrs 3months 2days after my cousin......I think.

Lady divine said...

JUST TELL ME THE DATE!!!!!!!
I can't be calculating...

dogfight said...

whoa.... am I being threatened here ??
4 months from today. xactly....

Anonymous said...

Sloth is an idiot :D

dogfight said...

ROFL !! He's the TRUE MANIAC.... wot do u expect....

Anonymous said...

haha...thats hilarious...would be even funnier if u forget in April!

Geesh I feel bad for the Indians but the way some of them talk its like Sri Lanka's never beaten them before...my sympathy is rapidly dwindling for the munters

dogfight said...

Welcome to this side of the sunny state !! yep the way things r goin I'm pretty sure I'll 4get in April.

Copy that mate!! Those joker fans. guess its due to horrible decay of morale....

zlot said...

That means I might be in SL for your b'day. I'm getting you a blowup doll.

dogfight said...

Oh I see... but Customs might let the doll go and keep U in quarantine....keep sharp

Mr.Pitbull said...

hehehe awesome post.. got everything isnt it hehe :-) anyways the birthday part is funny but don't worry man it happens to everyone but one thing don't forget to wish your cousin when April comes .. but you can do another thing wait till June 25th comes and wish him "Happy Belated Birthday " :-)

Anyways what do you think of the world cup man? we lost to SA but I think we might at least come to the Semis.. We are 2nd only to the Aussies

All the Best!


~Peace~

dogfight said...

Join the Jim Band..welcome ovr here!!
I'd better make up for my blunder and send the wishes on time.

NO Warries. If we play as a team we can do wonders. WE ARE THE LIONS!! who cares abt Kangaroos-ters..heh heh

All the best!!

If only there was.... ~Peace~

This is the largest number of comments I got for any of my posts.. EVER !! another record !!