Monday, June 12, 2006

The SlipOff of the Year (So Far !!)

Last Friday myself, with two other friends, went for a funeral of one of our school batch mate's Father. Felt really sorry for the guy as he was an only child. we stayed there till about 12.45 a.m. (although I had a hectic day tommorow) since there wasn't much of his friends to be seen at that time.

When we decided to come home, awww.. no one had come in a car ! so, called a cab. We were turning to Galle Road. I was seated at the back seat. I looked through the shutter and saw that it was very dark. No lights to be seen. There were two street lamps burning although it was very dim, it did not click me they were burning. I turned to the other side saying, "machang parey mey paththey light gihilla....". For a brief moment there was pin drop silence. Then whoa, the whole cab was roaring with laughter, even the cab driver. Their bellys about to burst with laughter. Dammit, I did not realize that the 2 back seat shutters were tinted.

Oh brother, that was the slip off of the year for me (so far !!). Promises all around. One guy promised to include this in next years Big Match souvenier. Another guy promised to write it in a "Bye potha". I assume that this would have been laughed over for so many times the next day (at the funeral). Well, so long for me, I meet these fellas after a long time and I manage to blow off the bellys. Feel like a damn idiot for saying what I've said, but 'da Hell !! I find solace in telling myelf "I've been blessed with the gift of making people laugh !!"

4 comments:

Darwin said...

That is pretty bad!

dogfight said...

yep, 'da hell 2 do ??
these things happen..... u know....

Tasha said...

"Laughing is good"

Well, I don't know whether making people laugh after a funeral is a good thing to do but 'making' people laugh (if done intentionally) is very good!

dogfight said...

agreed 100%
laughter is the best medicine !!
even after funerals..