Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thought I was gone, something else was !!

Yesterday after work,I got into the bus from Kollupitiya with a friend, went forward and got a seat. After some time another friend got in. we were chatting along. Suddenly I noticed the man seated next to me had something in his hand wrapped in a brown paper bag. It looked like a remote. To my horror he started pressing from outside of the Brownpaper cover. He peeped through the window and kept on pressing the this thing in his hand. I heard the click noise of the buttons of a remote. My blood curled. I remembered the Kebitigollawa Bus claymore explosion carried out through a remote. I thought I was gone.

I could not tell my freind who was standing next to me or my other friend in the bus seated a couple of rows behind. I can't afford to get the passengers panicked. confusion was taking its toll on me. who knows this guy could be some maniac out of his mind. Then he got down at Bambalapitiya Junction. I watched him cross the road and walk towards MC. I told my friend who was standing by me what happend. He took it for a joke. I think the girl seated next to me got scared listening to this. So I tried to act normal.I wasn't convinced who knows if he had set a time bomb to blow us up. Ideal targets could be a VIP or a crowded Junction. I was imagining how it would be to be blown to pieces.

Well, it was not yet time for me to go. However, anyone of you who roam the city, keep sharp. I Dunno he could be just a wayward man or who knows a prime suspect.

That was yesterday. Today, I was the one pressing the remote ? no my Mobile. I was checking the Cricket Match score. I read the score loud for a friend also to hear. Shit ! Then I put the Mob inside my bag since it could have fallen off my pocket. When I came home my Mob was gone !! Someone must be laughing at me for being such fool. (I did not notice some one had opened the side pocket zip and made the Mob vanish.) Awwww..... Now the fun begins. Inform the service provider, Police, and everyone I remember that was in my phone book. Happening..............!!

No comments: