Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Present

While day dreaming, I remembered some of the funny things that happened in our family. then I forgot some. But I do remember this one.

I remember getting a bottle of Pro Sport Cologne for one of my birthdays. (Thats the standard gift for any male over 15 in our area. I must'v got so many of them. Damn !!)Now there is an uncle (maniac, crazy dude !!) of mine who is our neighbour on the left of house. We went to his B'day and gave him the bottle of Pro Sport to him as a present.

Then there is another uncle (soft spoken, laid back person) who is our neighbour on the right side of our house. He had his B'day. Both these uncles are 'hata panala' (60+). The uncle on the left (maniac) celebrated his B''day agian and apparantely the uncle on the right(soft spoken) had given him a Bottle of Pro Sport Colognge as a present. It so happened to be, that it is the same thing I've given him (mainac), maniac gave softspoken and in turn has got it back. (I remember a specific mark on the bottle and the wrapping paper !!) The bottle of Pro Sport has done a round. Who knows how many rounds it has done before it reached me ??

My maniac uncle recieved another present from me. - a Gillette shaving foam I got from the UK. After about 3 months, when I visit him, he says "umba deepu shaving foam iwarai, geneng thawa ekak" (The shaving foam u gave is over, bring aother one) He'll hav to wait till my next B'day !!

No problem in Sri Lanka !!

No comments: