Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"Unnath ekai Malath ekai

Athath ekai nathath ekai
api hamada somiye innawa
deiyo dani api nodani
marena dawasa kauru kiyanawa........."

seems to be what's going through some of the Sri Lankans' minds. Certainly goes through my mind. The uncertain days are here again. I get out of the house not knowing whether I will ever see home again. There could be a bomb in the train. But we don't seem to be vigilant about it either. Can't look at all the people in suspence. However, there are moments of peace as well. All dispairs dissappear when we pass, along the rail track, the heavenly abode in Mount, with the see on the other side, not only for me but for many, where you can find solace. It drives the pains away.

Last Friday there was a rumour that there was bomb close to our work place. Nobody including myself seem to be bothered. Everyone was laughing saying "Dhhho...ng.... Dhhho...ng... Api mala". There were Army and Police personell with dogs running all over the place. The frequent hearing of the ambulance's siren is back. A man who sat next to me in the bus was telling me "Oya thamai Mahinda Chinthanaya" on hearing couple of ambulances passing by. (I think he was drunk) However I am positive that these times will pass and will not last. But who knows ??

It should not have happened this way.
It should have happened some otherway.

"Adareta ona deyak karanna hakilu
Salli nathath raja wenawalu......."

3 comments:

Darwin said...

Aney manda...karume thamai!

Venus-Metamorphosed said...

Humour is probably the only way to deal with how uncertain things are at the moment. Worrying about it will surely lead to insanity.
I rem being equally nonchalant when I lived in Sri Lanka, but living away has turned me in to a sissy. Now I panic at the first rumour.
hmm..whats ur solution? to find solace in adarei?

dogfight said...

Darwin: wish I cud say the same and get away with it. I Wish !
But wait karume is our own fault ain't it ? .......awwww.....
Nevermind 'the hell.

Venus: probably not... Bad time for that..I'd resort to humour...lol..., and live life to the fullest with family and friends & 4get abt tomz. Back to the basics I guess !!